ADVERTISEMENT

Attrition (or lack thereof)

Panjandrum

All-American performer
Dec 10, 2001
One of the things most everyone assumed coming out of Spring Ball would be attrition, which would open up additional spots for more grad transfers, qualifying risks (i.e. Jacardia Wright), and to put guys like Wykeen Gill and Harry Trotter on scholarship.

I know that it's early, but I don't get the vibe we're going to see much attrition this Spring/Summer. Maybe a spot or two, but these guys seem to be enjoying KSU right now, and I'm guessing we won't see much.

If that's the case, do we anticipate guys like Gill and Trotter staying off scholarship, or will we not aggressively pursue some other grad transfers, etc.? Could we look at a couple of the qualifying risks (i.e. Price, Wright) as grayshirts similar to Daniel Green while they get their work in order? Do we cut back on grad transfers at key areas like RB and LB?

I'm interested because we don't have much wiggle room right now. There are a couple of guys, especially seniors, that probably would/could/should give it up before things get rough in July/August, but I'm not seeing that right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.