ADVERTISEMENT

Bamba on Dean Wade

EMAWSTL

New walk-on to the team
Apr 4, 2012
From Athletic when asked who was the toughest player they played this season:

Mo Bamba, Texas

“I’d say one of the toughest players that I played against as far as just scouting, like, this was the first player that I looked at as far as tendencies and seeing what he does, is [Kansas State’s] Dean Wade. I’m not sure if you guys are familiar with him, but he’s really good. He’s super talented. He’s about 6-9 but can really move, and it was a challenge defensively.”

Wade, a 6-foot-8 forward, had a breakout junior year. He averaged 16.2 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.7 assists while shooting 55 percent from the field, 44 percent from 3 on 2.8 attempts per game and 75.2 percent from the free throw line. Wade and the Wildcats knocked off Bamba and the Longhorns twice this season, with Wade scoring 16 points on 6-of-12 shooting in the first game and splitting a pair of free throws in the final seconds of a 67-64 road win Feb. 7. Two weeks later, Wade scored 13 points with three rebounds, three assists and four blocks in a 58-48 home win. Bamba had 18 points, 12 rebounds and one block in the first meeting and finished with nine points, six rebounds and one block in the second game.

https://theathletic.com/390371/2018...os-the-toughest-player-you-faced-last-season/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.