ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball program threads...

gvillecat

All-Big 12 performer
Nov 1, 2001
When I read some takes on this board about Weber and our basketball program, you would have thought that K-State was coming off a losing season and failed to make the NIT.

Yes, it sucks that K-State lost in round one .... I couldn't watch any basketball for a week after the CATS came up short.

But you wanna know what really SUCKS -- not having your best player in the NCAA tourney -- two years in a row. Bad bad luck.
Despite playing injured a good part of the year, Dean was voted 1st team all big 12.
If Dean would have been healthy all season --- K-State likely wins the Big 12 out-right and would have done some post-season damage. But I digress.
Yes, last year K-State made a great run without Dean, but if you don't think Dean would have helped against Loyola last year - or - UCI this year, well I can't help ya.

As for the UCI game, you can point fingers at a number of things, but in the end, you gotta make baskets = 37% from the field, 30% from 3 point line.
Barry, X, & McGuirl combined for 2 of 14 from the 3 point line.

But again, when I read the snide comments in some posts, I swear that I'm back in the Tom Asbury / Jim Woolridge era... LOL I should be used to it by now.

GO STATE !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.