ADVERTISEMENT

Enjoying other peoples disappointment

Whisker Biscuit

New walk-on to the team
Feb 22, 2018
I logged on this morning to check threads before watching GOT which i had recorded last night, only to find that blackEMAW had spoiled the ending in the football recruiting thread. Nothing regarding recruiting, just one sentence spoiling the ending of the GOT episode, posted in a thread where no one would expect to see it. It got me to thinking what type of person derives pleasure from upsetting other people, particularly those that they don't even know. Trolling is similar "entertainment" for these types of people....posting horrible things about people or starting threads/responding on message boards like this one with the express purpose of making people upset or angry. It's probably important to point out that it's nearly always done anonymously....few of them would have the stones to say much without the protection of anonymity. It would be an interesting study to find out what might have happened in these peoples lives....why do they derive joy from other peoples disappointment/anger? Things to ponder while waiting for some commitment news :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.