ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow posters might think it

Dazzler

All-Big 12 performer
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2002
arm chair criticism when I only comment when the Royals are losing. When someone has a coaching background, they are more concerned if the team is executing fundamental play because they know that if that happens the team has a good chance of winning. All that said, the Royals have a number of poor fundamental plays which hinders a winning effort. I will mention a few.
In the past 4 games they have botched 2 of the 3 rundown plays that have occurred. They got all 3 out,but, this will come back to bite them in the future.
Here is one I really don`t understand, A batter doubled today, infielders went to double cut and our golden glove 1st baseman did not trail the batter runner. The runner probably wouldn`t have been out anyway, but this will happen again. The 1st baseman also plays too far off the bag at times hogging routine chances to the second baseman.
I could mention all the batters who have a poor concept of the strike zone as well.
How about pitchers giving up hits and home runs on 0-2 counts?
Baseball is not an easy game.but, you have a better chance of a favorable outcome by sticking to fundamentals.
How many of our guys can bunt, and by that at least 60 % chance of advancing a runner?
Come on guys you are getting paid! Give the fans their moneys worth.

Reactions: MikeNC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News