ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Royals` fans

Dazzler

All-Big 12 performer
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2002
keep the faith. Look at what they are. Perez, hoz, Esky,Moose, gordo, Cain are all established veterans who have track records. I would be willing to bet you that most of these guys will hit somewhere close to their lifetime averages. Opps, forgot Moss, who falls into the same category. Our rotation is solid right now, the best in the A.l. We do have a couple of warts though, hitting wise, second base and Rf. My thought is that mondesi will get better the more he bats lh anded. His rh stroke still is a real work in progress. Rf, well Soler will be back soon and he too will have some growing pains, however he will provide more offense than Paulo who should be a 4th outfielder. He hit over .300 last year, but it is a soft .300 in a position that would be served better with a power hitter.
As I see it most of these problems will shake out, the real elephant in the room remains, THE BULLPEN! That is my take, what is yours?
Several additional thoughts, the Royals have one of the best defensive teams in the majors and many of these guys are just in a continuation of spring training. The games i witnessed were played mostly by minor leaguers, at least half of the game, players were off at the WBC and pitchers were quite a ways ahead of batters. If after another 20 games we are below .500 someone will need to rescue me from jumping into the ocean.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News