ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Geez louize | BU 107, KSU 59

G

Grant Flanders

That is what the largest margin of defeat in K-State history. Absolutely embarrassed in Waco. I predicted a 32 point loss. 48 points though? There is no excuse in the world for this type of loss and I wouldn't blame anyone inside or outside of this program to check out.

The team is continuing to try, but it doesn't matter. It shows just how bad this team is when they try but still lose by 50 points. The losses continue to get worse and worse, even with an almost complete squad healthy. I know Baylor is amazing, but no team has ever been more embarrassed in the Big 12 or maybe the country the way K-State lost this.

Just how the season is going in general has been embarrassing. From Ft. Hays State loss to now this. There is no progress, in fact it seems they have regressed since then. It may just be the fatigue of all the losses but it is hard to get excited about anything with this program at the moment. The young core is still interesting, but with losses like these and what is likely to come in the future makes you wonder if any of these guys will want to stick around with K-State.

This Saturday is a big game against a bad Texas A&M team (which is embarrassing in itself). It is likely their only chance to win the rest of the way. A loss like this to Baylor makes it hard to believe they can even beat this lousy SEC team. If they cannot beat them it will take this team to even new lows and it is when you could likely see some players check out. It will be important to keep at least some of the key contributors from transferring out of the program no matter who the coach is next season. The only way to do that in my opinion is get this win this weekend and maybe one more the rest of the way, and I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't even enough. But it is hard to think this team wins anymore games this year. If they lose on Saturday, this team really has little hope for the future. A future that already looks really bleak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News