ADVERTISEMENT

Hyundai commercial

KSUFanBigXIIFan

On the depth chart
May 29, 2001
Specifically the "No gas, no squeegee" commercial. I bring it up in this forum because I have observed first hand the ability of posters here to take seriously similar critical issues and provide much needed insight.

What is the point they are trying to convey in the commercial and how exactly does it promote their product which I assume is what they intend to do in a commercial? Personally I never considered the squeegee at my local service station "free" and I don't believe the station owners ever intended it to be. It is clearly complementary to be used by customers purchasing their product. As the station owner tells him, "No gas, no squeegee." Is it really that hard to understand?

If I owned an electric vehicle I would assume I would have to find another way to clean said vehicle's windows. Like maybe buy my own squeegee and dirty bucket of water. But this self-absorbed prick pulls up to the pump and helps himself while the potential exists that real customers observe the busy pump and drive by looking for somewhere else to fill up. And somehow it feels like the commercial is trying to tell us this ass hole is the good guy because he bought a Hyundai and the station owner is being a prick for politely pointing out what should be obvious. How exactly is this commercial supposed to help sell Hyundais?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.