ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Edward's quote tells me everything I need to know...

FerventPurple

Almost on scholarship
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2015
about this team.

"It's very important for us. We're all taking it very serious," junior guard Justin Edwards said. "Even on our day off (Wednesday) we came in and watched film on them. We're just taking this game a bit more serious than some of the other games."

The fact that he is proud they are watching film on their "day off" simply floors me.

YOU SHOULD BE! EVERY. DAMN. WEEK.

A player only gets four seasons of college ball. It should be a burning focus for all of these players. They should be hyper-focused on basketball from the beginning of the school year until the end of the NCAA tournament. I just don't understand how someone could be proud that they are finally putting in some extra work on their "off day." Instead, he should be embarrassed that they are just now serious enough about winning to watch some game film on their own time.

I never thought I'd have a hard time rooting for a K-State team. On one hand, I want them to win every damn game. On the other hand, I don't think these players and coaches, for the most part, have represented the University that I love well at all and they sure as hell don't deserve to go to any post season tournament.

I don't care if we lose every game as long as the players and coaches are doing every thing possible to be successful. What I have a hard time swallowing is people that half-ass their way through life.

/rant

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News