ADVERTISEMENT

Kellis Article re. K-State Recruiting -- Encouraging quotes from Wildcat Legend Brandon Clark

Dlew12

On the depth chart
Dec 4, 2017
"Klieman also hit the road to make some in-person visits to Kansas high schools shortly after he was hired.

Derby was one of them.

In recent years, the Panthers have sent Devin Hedgepeth and Trace Clark to Oklahoma State as well as DeAndre Goolsby to Florida. And K-State is currently in the mix for Derby offensive linemen Alex Conn, along with Arizona, Iowa State, Kansas, Nebraska and TCU.

Conn visited K-State and told his coach, Brandon Clark, that he felt at home watching the Wildcats practice. But he seemed more impressed when Klieman and defensive coordinator Scottie Hazelton dropped by his school for two hours and talked to everyone from Derby players to secretaries.

'It was amazing,' Clark said. 'I was so impressed with those guys. You could tell they had some intensity, but they were just laid back, good guys. I think that goes a long way with our players. I know it meant a lot to Alex and some of the other kids that they talked to. They let you get to know them.'"

Nice to hear that K-State's favorite son, Brandon Clark, appears to be changing his tune regarding Wildcats football. The entire article is a nice read, and can be found at the link below:

https://www-1.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article230382214.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.