ADVERTISEMENT

Les Miles/KU

bigkevj

Almost on scholarship
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2005
My wife graduated from KU, and last night KU had their Hawks and Highways summer tour in Salina, so I went along to here the Mad Hatter talk. It was brutal.

He started by calling out the two people in the crowd wearing purple and asking them to stand up. Not once, not twice, but three times. Problem was, no one was wearing purple....apparently he is color blind. So that was an awkward 3 minutes to start.

He then spoke for about 5-7 minutes...but not sure about what. He didn't complete one sentence/thought. Everyone I talked to after was saying how hard it was to follow what he was saying.

Then he opened it up for questions. Again, not sure he answered any questions.....just kind of rambled on. At one point, he forgot the names of his 2 potential starting quarterbacks, and after spending 20 seconds trying to remember their names, just asked for the next question.

He also walked around like a 70 year old man, moving very slowly and gingerly. After this event, I feel much better about the state of KU football. This guy was hired as a name to sell tickets and maybe get a recruit or two into Lawrence. I doubt he will be there more than 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.