ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball recruiting New Kellis article

bornploopers

All-American performer
Oct 27, 2015
Kimball Ave

Couple interesting quotes:

“We have been very, very fortunate with our additions,” Weber said during a phone interview this week. “They have been better than even I expected.”

(on Nowell) “I don’t know if I will let him do it all the time,” Weber said, “but he can make those shots.”

Also, Massoud is 100% starting

“We have been very, very fortunate with our additions,” Weber said during a phone interview this week. “They have been better than even I expected.”

(on Nowell) “I don’t know if I will let him do it all the time,” Weber said, “but he can make those shots.”

We are going to shoot so many threes it’s going to melt faces off.

Who are the starting 5 if Ish is starting? Nijel, Mike, Selt/Smith, Ish, Davi? 6th man Nowell? Then Kaosi, Seryee and the rest of them?

Who are the starting 5 if Ish is starting? Nijel, Mike, Selt/Smith, Ish, Davi? 6th man Nowell? Then Kaosi, Seryee and the rest of them?
Pack
Smith
McGuirl
Massoud
Bradford

Miguel first off the bench 1-4
Then Nowell for the next guard out
Ez for Bradford
Kasubke for the 3rd perimeter player off the bench.

Would be cool if one of our forwards turned into a monster and snatch some PT.

Pack
Smith
McGuirl
Massoud
Bradford

Ez for Bradford

Ain’t no minutes!

Reactions: Baller-Status
appears so, checked but didn't scroll far enough
Good stuff by Kellis. One of the reasons I’m convinced a big jump is possible are the transfers. This is a better roster by a decent amount compared to last season IMO.

That and the frosh taking the next step. An improved Pack Bradford is major. The real Miguel and Kasubke hitting the scene would be super helpful, too.

Fire Bruce.

Pack
Smith
McGuirl
Massoud
Bradford

Ez for Bradford

Sometimes your wife tells me to turn into a monster and snatch some too.

Massoud is going to change this team. If Nowell can be a scoring contributor, without giving up too much defensively, great--though I have some concerns about his trade-offs, and not just defensively. Smith should be a smooth and reliable leader.

IlliterateMeatyIriomotecat-max-1mb.gif

Massoud is going to change this team. If Nowell can be a scoring contributor, without giving up too much defensively, great--though I have some concerns about his trade-offs, and not just defensively. Smith should be a smooth and reliable leader.
Weber’s teams have always been at their best with a stretch shooting big man.

Pack
Smith
McGuirl
Massoud
Bradford

Ez for Bradford

Good stuff

Reactions: ccox
I think Seryee might take a big step this off season
I don’t know if it will be this season or later on but I think Seryee is gonna be really solid at some point. It’s still the mental part of the game that he still needs to get a handle of. His physicals and leaping ability are so intriguing. If he figures it out mentally…🥵

I don’t know if it will be this season or later on but I think Seryee is gonna be really solid at some point. It’s still the mental part of the game that he still needs to get a handle of. His physicals and leaping ability are so intriguing. If he figures it out mentally…🥵

wouldn't hurt if he developed his skill-level, too...I actually think that is his ceiling-limiter, while the mental part just lowers his (current) floor.

Reactions: Grant Flanders
Pack
Smith
McGuirl
Massoud
Bradford

Ez for Bradford

I think if Selton were here all summer, he may very well be a starter--there could be real value in bringing a guy like Smith off the bench, when we make a line change, as Bruce has developed a habit of doing. And when Pack is getting a breather, I'd like a veteran out there with Nowell, tbh.

But...I do think Smith is the best three we have, now. So I'd go with the same lineup you have, I think.

wouldn't hurt if he developed his skill-level, too...I actually think that is his ceiling-limiter, while the mental part just lowers his (current) floor.
I could get behind this. Although I think the skill comes with the mental sometimes. I don’t think he will ever be a good perimeter shooter. But I do think he can elevate his footwork down low and add some kind of ball handing ability. I just wonder if his mental truly is holding him back from elevating and adding those things. Will be interesting to see play out. I will say him schooling those kids at lifetime (or whatever court that was) on his Twitter and stuff did get me a litttle excited.

All that said, I still don’t think we see much of him in the upcoming season. Next year he will still technically be a sophomore. He might find a role by then, but even if he can’t he still has two more years of eligibility to get it figured out. But, if he can’t flash at least a little improvement from year one to year two (when he does get time) I will likely lose my steam on him.

It would be great...and maybe he will...but I still think he is somewhere between 9th and 11th in the rotation. Pretty limited minutes, IYAM, and with our non-con schedule.
You are correct. If he sticks around for one more year and can improve, I LOVE his outlook.

Reactions: ccox
I know just how shitty things have gotten when it's been nearly 4 months since the last game and I can't tolerate the thought of how BW will handle this group

Seryee needs lots of 5 on 5 full court scrimmages and should be able to get that this year. If he does, he will rapidly advance in the court knowledge Lowrey says he lacks. Or he won't advance and will be a transfer candidate in the spring.
I think he can develop his shot but needs some good coaching to do that. IE: finishing with a bent elbow is not ideal and correcting that would at least make his shot look better even if it doesn't help his percentage.

I want Selton to beat out Mike for the starting spot. But he will have to be significantly better than Mike to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT