ADVERTISEMENT

Obscure football games you'd watch again

NeverII

New walk-on to the team
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2018
Kind of playing off of @Matt Hall Top 5 games story. Every Cat fan has re-watched the 03 Big 12 title game, 98 Nebraska, 02 USC, etc. Let's get into the deep cuts. What off the beaten path games would you watch again?

2000 Iowa - Hot as hell but Arrowhead was sold out and almost entirely purple. I'll never forget that scene before kick-off. This was the game that truly got me hooked on K-State football

2004 Nebraska - Allen freaking Webb. That was a baaaad NU team, but I loved watching Webb and Sproles carve them up.

2004 @ Mizzou - Allen freaking Webb (again). Sat front row around the south endzone. Team came over to high-five all of us after the comeback was complete.

1997 Texas A&M - Remember my parents taking me to the homecoming parade. Got a shirt that said "Give Me a T for Texas" and it had Willie kicking the A&M logo. Didn't make sense, but I loved it. It was a beautiful fall Saturday. Cat defense owned A&M for all 60 minutes.

2002 Iowa State - Tornado birds were allegedly good. There was no doubt in my mind that our guys would beat the shit out of them. LOL @ Seneca "7-win savior" Wallace

2003 Colorado - I remember thinking Ell was going to kneel out the last minute... and then he sneaked it in with 38 seconds left with the Cats already up 22. Loved it. Unrelated, Gary Barnett and Colorado football can get effed. Hard.

Some Honorable Mentions: 2006 Oklahoma State, 2009 Texas A&M, 2011 @ Texas Tech and 2013 TCU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.