ADVERTISEMENT

Question on NBA Draft

KSU Fanbeck

New walk-on to the team
Gold Member
May 27, 2014
Curious if anyone can clarify the NBA draft process and players returning to school. I've been under the impression that Sneed could stay in the draft and return to school if he was not drafted. But saw this tweet from Jon Rothstein that my guy @scottwildcat retweeted this morning and made me wonder:

Rothstein linked to the rules and noticed the following. Since Sneed didn't receive an invite to the NBA combine, does this mean he has to declare he's returning to school by tomorrow, if that's the route he wants to go?

NBA draft flexibility
College basketball players who request an Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation, participate in the NBA combine and aren’t drafted can return to school as long as they notify their athletics director of their intent by 5 p.m. the Monday after the draft.

This change is effective if/when the NBA and NBPA make an expected rule change, which would make undrafted student-athletes who return to college after the draft ineligible for the NBA until the end of the next college basketball season.

Reactions: KMAN_Squints
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.