ADVERTISEMENT

Some men's basketball notes as transfer portal action heats up

Kevin_Fielder

Staff
Silver Member
Sep 3, 2023
After the NBA Draft withdrawal deadline, there's another wave of transfer portal action that K-State will take advantage of, especially with two open spots remaining on their roster.

Normally, this would be a notebook, and I might turn it into one tomorrow, but this is what I know (as of right now)...

Visitor
-Kentucky transfer Ugonna Onyenso will be visiting K-State next week, likely early in the week. Onyenso averaged 3.6 points and 4.8 rebounds per game last season but was one of the best rim protectors in the country.

I heard North Carolina was interested in him at one point, but I'm not sure where they stand right now. Same with Louisville, who has open roster spots and NIL available. K-State will be competitive in this recruitment but I'm not ready to say they're favorites or what sort of momentum they have.

Kaluma update
-Arthur Kaluma also didn't stay in the NBA Draft, choosing to continue his college career.

I don't know where K-State stands in this, but I know there was some momentum previously that he would return to K-State for his final season of eligibility. Honestly, I don't want to give you guys any firm answer because I truly don't know where he stands in his recruitment, and if he plans on taking other visits.

K-State will go after another wing or big guard it appears, which would open up the door for AK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News