ADVERTISEMENT

The Leavitt Affect

gvillecat

All-Big 12 performer
Nov 1, 2001
If the story is true that Little Napolean, John Currie, stopped Snyder from hiring Leavitt a few years back = just another reason to have Currie stand against the wall, while K-State fans repeatedly kick him in the balls (ha).

Colorado hired Leavitt to be their Defensive Coordinator in Feb 2015.
In the 2014 season, the Buffalos had the #111 Total Defense & #116 Scoring Defense (2 & 10 record)
2015 (Leavitt's first year) = # 85 (TD) and # 70 (SD)
2016 (Leavitt's second year) = # 19 (TD) and # 20 (SD) = Colorado plays in the PAC 12 Title Game = wins 10 games.
2017 (post Leavitt) = #109 (TD) and # 74 (SD) = Colorad slips to 5 & 7 and McIntyre is on the hot seat.

Oregon hired Leavitt in Dec 2016
In 2016 before Leavitt arrived, Oregon had #126 Total Defesne and # 126 Scoring Defense (4 & 8 record)
2017 (Leavitt's first year) = #46 TD and # 81 SD. (7 & 5 record)
I have a funny feeling this season, the Duck's defense will only be measurably better.

If Snyder retires after this season, I would love for Leavitt to come back to K-State as the head coach. The only small drawback is his age, but he still has 7 to 10 good years in him.
I believe Leavitt had a LOT to do with Colorado's 10 win season in 2016 (in just his second year with the Buffs). Obviously Oregon, thought the same thing.
Of course I would excited about Venables taking over for Snyder too...ha.

GO STATE !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News