ADVERTISEMENT

Why is it we always get all the nice things?

Purpletothebone

A solid starter
Jun 19, 2001
Many people want to be negative or look at what we don't have instead of what we do. I tend to look at it the opposite way. We are damn fortunate to have the athletic programs we have and have experienced the success we have.

1. We have two (co)conference championships in basketball since we hired Weber. Our previous championship was 30 years earlier when I was in school.
2. We have had a legendary coach in Snyder who made us relevant in football when our previous most recognized accomplishment in football was being deemed the absolute worst football team in the nation by Playboy magazine.
3. We have an AD who not only recognized we needed a change in football leadership but made it happen.
4. We got a new football coach who is not only a winner, but seems committed to KSU and improving the problems that led to our former coach not achieving as high a level as he could over the last few years. He hasn't achieved anything yet, but he has potential and that is all we can ask of any new coach.
5. We do not have a coach in any of our programs who is likely to get us sanctions for violations of NCAA rules.
6. We have the absolutely best reporting from this site and people who really care about their customers. Think about that one. This site is 100X better since @Matt Hall, @Derek Young , and the rest of the team took over.
7. We have wonderful contributors from our fans on this site that not only give us inside information but also provide great analysis of our weaknesses and strengths.

I could go on and on, but I am damn happy and feel lucky to be a KSU fan every day. And while we can always do better, I think we are making that effort from the top down. I appreciate those who want us to be better and see the things we could do that we haven't. But if you don't recognize that we have some things to be happy about then you just aren't looking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.