ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Shackelford update

EsquireKSU08

On the depth chart
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2009
Nothing huge here, but I did reach out to Zach Shackelford today for the latest with his recruitment.

Belton was eliminated from the Texas state playoffs in a thriller last week, 65-64 vs. Rowlett, so Zach has had a week to really buckle down on recruiting.

He told me he's under a lot of pressure, but insists he's not overly worried about things overall because he will make the decision that's ultimately best for him.

The one major detail is that he will still make an official to K-State, slated for December 12. I asked if Texas would get a visit as well but Shackelford said, "I've already been there a lot and I don't think there's a weekend available for them until after Christmas break."

Getting Shackelford on campus again could be clutch for K-State in the long run. That same weekend, multiple current commits are supposed to be on officials as well - namely Skylar Thompson - so you have to think that's a small victory for the Wildcats (Not to mention all the rumors swirling about Charlie Strong and/or members of his staff being out at season's end). Good signs for K-State.

**Coney Durr note**
Obviously, there's equal intrigue into what's going on with Coney Durr. Unfortunately, we won't know much until his team is eliminated in the Louisiana state playoffs because Durr has said numerous times he's focusing on his final games before anything else.

Dutchtown (8-3) takes on Zachary (10-1) tonight, so there's a decent probability the season comes to an end this evening. Pretty enticing match-up for Durr too, as he'll likely be locked on Douglas Coleman and attempting to slow down Syracuse commit Lindsey Scott Jr.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News