ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting 2023 RB Class

Purple_Haze

A solid starter
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2001
With Edwards, Jackson and potentially J Randle ... seems like we are not only going to be deep in talent, but have a variety of running styles to pick and choose from. Add in the bigger young back DJ Giddens (I think this was the guy Deuce praised recently? Was there a Mike McCoy comparison?)

Edwards is going to be a problem in space. We have all watched plenty of his highlights by now.

Not as familiar with Jackson. Not as explosive as Edwards, but more of a traditional running back with good highlights against Florida competition. Seems like he has good hands. Who is a good comp for Jackson?

Randle's running style is unique. Not blazing fast, but a strider. His vision seems to be what sets him a part. Seems to get skinny, almost contorting himself to get through tight lanes. I swear on the highlights I watched 70+% had him pulling out of the h-back position off tackle and arcing behind the qb to take a sweep pitch. They just run it over and over and the competition cant keep him from shooting through an opening as he stretches out the D. That long developing play probably doesnt work next level, his team just did it because they could. They also liked to sneak him across the middle from the same position. Seems to have good hands. He doesnt go down on first contact and usually has to be drug down by multiple players. He is going to be a load after time at the table and with Tru.

Many have said that he has a higher ceiling than Edwards just because of size, etc. He hasnt been very active at camps and show case events as near as I can tell. He is obviously very athletic and with a nearly 50 foot triple jump (I think in only the second meet he did it in), you would think his change of direction would be very good.

If we land Randle, I dont think I can recall a deeper potentially more talented RB room at k state? The run game is going to be hard to stop and I could see it opening up the passing game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News