ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting A couple of tidbits

Mason Voth

On full scholarship
Sep 1, 2022
Randle is still the number one target left in 2023 and it certainly helps to already have so many Wichita commits to sell the dream to Randle about being an in-state guy in Manhattan, and I am of the belief they are all still doing their best. In this day and age, a lot of credit should be given to Randle and his camp for being able to keep things so well under wraps and doing this on their terms. My gut would lean towards the Wildcats right now, and we shall see what comes out of any visits Randle takes the rest of the season. I elaborate a little more on this in the Thursday mailbag.

This is one to keep an eye on over the coming months with changes possible at Auburn. Doesn't mean it is a big chance if Harsin is let go, but was given some intel that this is one thing to keep an eye on. There seems to be a split on the Auburn staff amongst guys that Harsin had with him in Boise, versus guys that are more Auburn than Harsin. Ike Hilliard was the primary recruiter on Hopkins and this is his first season at Auburn.

This is another one that some chatter still hangs around with. I am skeptical about the possibility of this due to the fact that Washington looks like a wide receiver's paradise (RIP Coolio) right now. The Huskies are averaging almost 370 passing yards per game with Indiana transfer QB Michael Penix Jr. Kalen DeBoer's offense is firing on all cylinders and is very attractive to any QBs and WRs moving forward.

I will also have some perspective on the Josh Manning possibility in the mailbag that will be published sometime Thursday. If I get any more notables in the next day or so I will pass them along here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News