ADVERTISEMENT

A few prospects Cats should consider for 2021.

Buster09

Almost on scholarship
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
With changes around the Cats will have to add new names to their recruiting lineup. With that in mind, I tried to find a few prospects, regionally, that in theory could make sense. One is a running back, and while I know it's been said the Cats may not add another back, I have a hard time imagining Wright returning next season and until Ervin returns, with so many opt outs transferring, Ervin is an unknown until he returns (or doesn't)

Rico Barfield, RB, DeSmet (St. Louis)
If you are able to get him, it gets you into St. Louis, something this staff is wanting to accomplish. It's a regional player so the travel isn't that extreme. Also, and also compared on the 'other' site, Barfield would immediately become one of our top commits. Will Ervin return? Will Wright or Price return as depth? If the Cats actually want to establish a presence in St. Louis, they will need a player like this. For what it's worth, both rivals and the 'other site' rate Barfield ahead of Leingang for whatever that is worth.

Aiden Logan, OL, Carthage Missouri
Cats are always looking for offensive line help. Not sure he's a star, but has the length and size the Cats look for in their lineman, again he's a regional player and could possibly jump at getting a look at a bigger program. Will all the OL currently on the roster return for next season? There is good youth we hope pan out so perhaps the staff is more confident than I am about the future of the position group.

Carson Williams, TE, Marshalltown Iowa
This is not the first time his name has been mentioned here, but if the Cats want a tight end in this class, I get the feeling he or someone like him will need to be the target. He's already visited Kansas State and is committed to Buffalo, so he (and his parents) have seen the campus and are okay with him traveling away from home.

Cashius Howell, ATH, Rockhurst
His name has been mentioned here before. I believe you offer him as a defensive end. I've seen him mentioned as potential tight end, which at least in my opinion doesn't make sense. Unknown what he wants as well.

Kalin Black, WR, Living Word Christian (O'Fallon Missouri)
Despite roster numbers, I will maintain the Cats need receiver help because quite simply, not sure there is the answer on the roster. If you can't scheme receivers open (Snyder was really good at this) you need receivers that can get open with their athleticism. Howard at times is being asked to throw into non-existent windows. If you don't carry numbers at receiver, you had better be really good. Black has good size and appears to be a solid athlete. Will he qualify?

Clay Nanke, DE, Regis Jesuit (Aurora Colorado)
With CCJ return as he has really never seen the field? The Cats have lost multiple DL recruits (yes, they were DT, not DE) but depth here isn't great currently, the Cats want to continue a presence in Colorado and Nanke is an interesting developmental line prospect. He shows an offer from Iowa State, but who doesn't right?

Myles Norwood, S, Trinity Catholic (St Louis)
I'm a bigger fan of his than I probably should, but, plays at a small school and in my view could be a bit overlooked. Has good size and again, is from St. Louis, so it's creating a bit of a presence. Depth in the defensive backfield at the worst. Again, I like him more that most as his best offer currently is North Dakota State it appears.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News