ADVERTISEMENT

Football Adrian's TOs

bornploopers

All-American performer
Oct 27, 2015
Kimball Ave
There was some discussion about the timing/positioning of AM's TO propensity in the other long thread and was interested in how that broke down, so I sat down and went back through all of them (extremely TLDR)

Career-wise, he has 48 INTs/fumbles lost, with 18 of those being fumbles (14 coming on sacks). But it's last season's totals/context that feel somewhat encouraging to me.

Last year he had his second fewest TOs in a season despite playing his second most snaps and was the first season in his career that he didn't turn the ball over inside the opponent's 40 yard line in a traditional setting (this excludes a 4th and 17 INT against OU down two scores and an OT INT against Mich St) - he had 3+ of those every other year

After a bad fumble taking a sack in their opening game in Champagne, the only other time he made a critical mistake in their first 6 games of the year (when they were 3-3 and still had hope for the season) was @ top 10 Mich St, the game where he broke his jaw in the first quarter and still almost stole a win on the road (he threw a 4th quarter pick with the game tied and then again in OT)

Last fumble of the season was that infamous one two weeks later against MICH (he was basically perfect against NW), that TO was basically the turning point in their year

Had zeroes TOs the next week @ Minny and then had his worst game of the year against Purdue (threw 4 picks but 2 came when they were down two scores late) before keeping them around against tOSU (again threw a pick down two scores late)

His last game of the year was @ Wiscy, started out 8-12 for 171 yards and a TD before destroying his shoulder late in the 2nd quarter (threw two bad picks in the second half but still came back had the game tied with 6 minutes left in the 4th)

Could all mean absolutely nothing and I definitely don't expect the turnovers to just disappear, but if that shoulder is healthy and he gets better line play/potentially better QB coaching...I could squint and see a pretty good QB materializing out of this this fall

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News