ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Another coach update thread...

D

Derek Young

Marco Borne, the Assistant head coach at Alcorn State, is set to be the DOBO (Director of basketball operations). Think that COULD be announced tomorrow. They're waiting on background checks to be completed before these announcements and his sounds like the one that is finished at the moment.

The other two hires we are aware of, Jareem Dowling of North Texas and Ulric Maligi of Texas, may not happen until after the weekend. Just having the final t's crossed and final i's dotted, first.

I'm hearing there is at least one guy from Baylor coming with him but probably a bit away from that being finalized/announced, too. Maybe that's Malhotra. I can't speak to that with 100 percent certainty, but that's my assumption and heavy suspicion. Is he an actual assistant? Not quite sure of title. Imagine he would have to be to make that move. But we'll see. Stay tuned.

Also hearing, and I don't have the exact name pinned down yet, that a high school basketball coach from Missouri will be coming aboard, and I'd assume that is in a support staff kind of role.

I will have a more in-depth piece on what to expect from all of them, what they're about, what they bring to the table and their paths once they are announced and finalized.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News