ADVERTISEMENT

BB non conference expectations

Carl4KSU

New walk-on to the team
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2001
Not sure what expectations I had but Tang aroused my curiosity as to what kind of team we would have. I looked forward to a fresh beginning or newness to something that had gone stale. This team certainly creates excitement.

It looks like to me that success in the conference race depends largely on how Nowell, Johnson and Tomlin can carry the team. The conference will be a gauntlet, much like football this year, in that there will be no easy games. I was thinking we might have some better 3 point shooters but that hasn’t been the case on a consistent basis thus far.

There seems to be a toughness on this team that keeps them together during scoring droughts and runs being made by the opposition. Without that we wouldn’t be 11-1 at this point.

We didn’t have a great non conference schedule (strength of opponents) but with 11 new members maybe it was what we needed this year.

So, can we win 9+ conference games? I say yes. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but the improvement in execution, the trust that has developed among the players, and the leadership on the team makes me believe they can do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News