ADVERTISEMENT

Best K-State Mizzou Game Memories

scottwildcat

All-Big 12 performer
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2016
I have two that stick out for me personally.

First one was 1998 game. My family was in San Diego for the Chiefs/Chargers game the next day (devastating 1 point loss as part of a 6 game losing streak after starting the season 4-1). We were at a K-State bar or at least some sort of bar that had a lot of K-State fans. I was 6 years old so I don't remember a lot about the game except for it was close and i was trying to get people loud and hyped during the game like i was in the student section or something. (i was at the K-State Nebraska game the week beforehand so i was riding that high). There was tons of celebrating and high fiving after we won. Little did tiny little baby scottwildcat know, that was as good as it was going to get for rest of 1998

The other one was my sophomore year in college, 2011. I believe there was a rain delay before it started? Not 100% sure on that but it was a rainy game. I snuck in some shooters of whiskey into the game and mixed it into a Dr. Pepper. It was i think the first time we played a game as a ranked team since the KU game in 2007. Zimmerman got an INT i think the first defensive play of the game. Ended up being a pretty easy going game but Mizzou got some late scores to finish within 7 points. We did a sarcastic SEC chant in the student section after the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News