ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Big 12 Basketball newcomers (long)

ksufreak

All-American performer
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2001
Being that I am bored on this Friday morning and the board is lacking for much of interest to read (Other than the ronald stuebens thread), I thought I would put together a list of all of the newcomers for each Big 12 team as they stand now.

Baylor: (#12 class nationally)

Baylor has 5 newcomers (3 HS and 2 transfers) slated to come in. The HS recruiting has really bumped up for Scott Drew's staff. Brown is the star of the class, but Jeremy Sochan is the guy to watch for. The 6'8 PF from Germany isn't ranked in the Rivals 150, but is ranked #47 nationally in the composite rankings.

The real impact could come from transfer James Akinjo if he is eligible this year. The former 4 star PG was the Big East ROY in 18/19 before transferring to Arizona and becoming 1st team All Pac 12. The other transfer is Div 2 star Dale Bonner. Bonner averaged 22 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds per game as a Sophomore and shot 44% from 3 point range on over 5 attempts per game

Kansas: (#13 class nationally)

Kansas has 7 newcomers (4 HS, 1 JC, 2 Transfers) slated to come in. I think Pettiford becomes the steal of this class. An explosive athlete with a crazy high motor, he is the kind of guy that Bill Self has gotten the most out of in his tenure at KU. Sydney Curry is a mountain of a man (6'9 260) and the #8 ranked JUCO in nation according to the Composite. KJ Adams is a former 5 star that has fallen in the rankings because he can't shoot.

PG Joseph Yesufu is a transfer from Drake that barely played against K-State in the first game of the year, but earned MVC 6th Man of the Year after averaging over 23 per game in his last 9 games of the season including 26 against USC in the NCAA tourney. Cam Martin is 6'9 and 240 andaveraged 25 and 9 this year for Missouri Southern while shooting 45% from 3.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News