ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone "in the know" confirm this information?

goose

All-Big 12 performer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Heard again this weekend most of what I've posted before....with a little more info added.......the guy stands by his story & reconfirmed it Saturday......I'll paraphrase what I heard....

LHCBS has a transition plan in place and everyone is on board but ADJC......the plan, of course, to make Venables the next HC with a spot for Sean in Football Operations/Assistant Coach.....according to the source...it appears.... LHCBS, boosters, BV & Sean are all on board with this plan.......problem is that ADJC doesn't want to "commit" to BV....but only "strongly consider" him, but would commit to making him a "highly paid" DC.

Also, he claims the power struggle is real.....that promises were made to "big boosters" that LHCBS would have a "direct role" in the transition to the next HC......but now ADJC may be back peddling on those promises........Apparently ADJC wants to pick the next HC and just get LCHBS blessing.......so hence the struggle

Also said it's "very quiet" around Vanier.....almost like there is a "lame duck" coaching staff......

As always, take it for what it's worth

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News