ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff notes of Braet's excellent Boscoe's Boys interview

ProfessorPlum

A solid starter
Jan 19, 2002
Kansas City

2022 class stand outs
Tobi O - "whooo he is impressive, running 22+ mph, doing some impressive things"
All three freshman OTs looking great (meaningful that he labeled them all as tackles): Klemm, Pastore, and Bequeath "his body is already transformed"
Uso has done some really good things
Jacob Parrish is going to be a special player
Jordan Wright - special leader, doing things that usually take years to establish
Will Honas, Josh Hayes casual mentions
Overall Class assessment- 5 guys running 22+ mph (VJ Payne, Parrish, Tobi and 2 walk-ons), long lean group of athletes with limited bad weight
Coach Tru is pretty fired up about shaping the athletes they added

Player Grab Bag
unprompted, he heaped praise on Andrew Leingang. Carries 305# like he's 260. "He's so athletic"
Felix- "Hope he can build on last year...Not gonna mention names, but obviously we know DE's that had great years here in the past and then struggled the next year" (a weird sidebar)
Strongest Player
Michael Kapria - "keep hearing he's the strongest kid on the team, everybody keeps talking about how he's the dude" (maybe another Will Geary-type as he's 6-1 290)​
Cody Stufflebean - so strong pound for pound​
Fastest Player
Race between Parrish, Ekow, Jordan Wright and shoot I'd throw Tobi in there​
Daniel Green - "he's had a heck of a summer. Excited for his LAST go at it this year" (don't plan on him using his Covid year)

Program Stuff
85 Free Agents every year - gotta recruit your roster every year. "The guys directly below me (working out) are the most important recruits for this program.
Coaches experience the recruiting roller coaster even moreso than the fans. Have to take solace you know you did all you could.
Thad- Doesn't leave a kids hip when they arrive on campus for a visit. Great relationship builder
Lepak- super smart, high energy young guy
Hanks wife wouldn't allow him to be gone for more than an hour on a KS roadtrip
"My goal is to golf in every county in the state. Up to 37 counties so far." (he's a nut)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News