ADVERTISEMENT

CRT in the "Great State of Kansas, From the KC Star:

DTKSU

All-American performer
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
“I do not believe we have any courses specifically on critical race theory,” wrote Charles Taber, provost and executive vice president at Kansas State University

In an email, Kansas State University Provost Charles Taber wrote the university doesn’t have any courses on critical race theory.
University of Kansas Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Affairs Jean Redeker passed along the name of just one course, Contemporary Japanese Film.

Redeker emphasized in her reply that the course looks at how critical race theory influences filmmaking and film criticism as opposed to teaching the theory with a U.S. focus.

Wichita State University Interim Executive Vice President and Provost Shirley Lefever said students can take courses “that introduce them to a myriad of concepts surrounding race and discrimination including Critical Race Theory to help them learn more about the world around them."

Pittsburg State University went further than other schools and passed along unattributed quotes from professors describing how elements of critical race theory are incorporated into instruction.
“We teach about issues of diversity in all our classes. It is infused in the curriculum,” one response said before listing examples such as discussion of redlining, discrimination and medical experiments performed on Black Americans.

“I do not officially teach the concept of Critical Race Theory; however, I do discuss the role played by societal structures, class, and race in maintaining social hierarchy,” another response said.

Reactions: ny2ks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News