ADVERTISEMENT

Curries latest letter, readying the defense of his coach

ksufelis

All-American performer
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2004
Brookside
Excerpts from his latest letter today:

We have had a run of great crowds in Bramlage this winter including our largest student crowd since 2013 last Monday night!

Translation: we don't have a backlash against the program and revenues are doing just fine.

Did you watch Big 12 basketball on the ESPN family of networks last night? As Texas Tech upset Baylor at home and Kansas erased a 14-point deficit in the final minutes to beat West Virginia in overtime, we are witnessing one of the most top-to-bottom tough conference lineups in history.

Translation: how can we expect to be top three in such a dominant conference?? Hell, anything can happen!!

The recent “mock NCAA seeds” is evidence of how competitive the Big 12 is this season as both Baylor and Kansas currently hold No. 1 seeds in the projected bracket (click here). Across the country only the eight members of the Big 12 will have played four games against No. 1 seeds – indeed in three Power Five leagues there are zero games against current No. 1 seeds and because of unbalanced scheduling in the other conferences many schools only play one game against their league's marquee teams. All conference records are not created equal!

Translation: I have no idea how seeding works! I assume that Baylor will be a 1 seed and not a 4 on Selection Sunday! Oh, and we are clearly not getting left out at 8-10

The Cats have RPI/KenPom Top 25 wins already against West Virginia, on the road at Oklahoma State and at Baylor and face important games in the next three weeks as the conference gauntlet winds down.

Translation: we have played barely anyone, have three marquis wins (including one against the coach I didn't want), and I'm not mentioning our losses or that we "play hard". Shit, we are on the edge, right???

I need you to acknowledge the elephant in the room, John. Your basketball team has had setbacks and you need the students and alumni to come for the PLAYERS and support the PROGRAM. Make it clear that he isn't your guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News