ADVERTISEMENT

Derek with all due respect…

Apr 1, 2021
I get your viewpoint, I really do but every season is critical. You don’t have to drum drama up in my opinion. Trust me, with all the negative nellies we have here, a super season next year won’t provide any free passes in ‘23. I think ‘22 will be great and I think ‘23 will be just fine too and I truly think this is how we go down the road. I think we have the right guy and the right style of program in place to perform consistently. This next comment will get shot down but it’s the truth…… The only thing that has derailed Klieman so far is Covid, injuries, and Jonathan Alexander in our locker room. Not literally and only JA but I do think Klieman was caught flat footed by BLM especially in the midst of the focus Covid and injuries were taking. Is that all part of it for a coach at his level? Yes and I get that. You know, it’s the old double standard. We were horrible the last half of ‘21 because of those 3 items in that order. If you say this outwardly you’re making excuses, yet the flip side of that coin is that if it didn’t matter having players out then players don’t matter. We all know that’s not the case. Yes, it’s fine to say next man up and all that but that’s bs. Now if I was isu or any other team and had zero injuries and Covid impact and had the season they just did, then I’d expect prognosticators to point to a down year next year. Injures & Covid kept us from winning 8-9 games in ‘20 and 9-10 this year. Maybe a little simplistic but not really. It’s the same old thing at ksu, the crowd that says we can’t and don’t recruit, then you look up and we have one of our most talented teams. With no admission from the complainers. How do you get all these good players if we didn’t recruit them?? We suck but we don’t. We’ll be good next year with the crappy players we recruited and we better be because we’re going to suck the year after because this time I’m positive we didn’t recruit well and all the crappy players will surely be crappy this time. Blah, blah, blah. I do not believe we will suck again under Klieman unless we have those types of outliers that bring us down. I love you Derek, you’re really good at what you do and I’m not asking you to do anything different because I know this is your job and this is the hand you’re dealt and this is the purpose of this board. We suffer here for the same reasons we do on a national scale with our media. You have to provide content every day. Whether there’s noteworthy content available or not. Make drama=make news=make content. You must make news not report news. Do you really think we’ll be bad in ‘23? I know those weren’t your words but that is how I interpreted your words. Anyway, a bunch of rambling but I think it made a bit of sense. Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News