ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Final report card + player outlooks

G

Grant Flanders

I will copy and paste player outlooks in here in case you don't want to read the whole article:

Mike's Outlook: I think McGuirl will come back for another year, but nothing is for certain yet. He can be happy about his game against TCU but against Baylor he really missed the mark and could have been the difference had he knocked in some of those shots. He might want to try to finish his career on a lighter note with an all-around better season next year.

If he does come back he needs to work on refining his offensive game. Tighten his handle, become a better facilitator, and most importantly get his perimeter jumper to drop consistently.

Nijel's Outlook: Pack finishes his freshman season as one of K-State's best first year players ever. With 12.7 points per game and the shooting ability the young man possesses off the catch and the bounce and from serious range is something K-State has been salivating for. He has a chance to be an all time great in Manhattan and it will be fun to see how it plays out the next three or four years.

He should work on getting stronger and more explosive in the off-season. He is the one guy on the team that can get away with not shooting till his wrist is sore. He should for sure try to continue to improve his percentages, but his jumper really is butter. His handle is also really strong but still something he could work to refine even more. I think the lower body strength will be key for Pack and will help him on both ends of the floor.

Selton's Outlook: In the offseason Miguel will look to hone in on his jumper and work on his ball handling. He has a lot of potential to be a really great Wildcat, he just needs to get his skill to match his raw ability. He has the frame and a blossoming basketball IQ. The freshman has a little ways to go, but the sky is the limit for him if he keeps working.

DaJuan's Outlook: Gordon, like Miguel and a few others on this team, needs to work on his perimeter shooting. If he can ever find a consistent jumper he could be really lethal player and open up all sorts of things for this offense.

He also needs to add strength. He added a little bit from year one to year two, but now it is time for him to really bulk up in my opinion. Bulking up for Gordon would just mean getting him on a strict high calorie diet and working his butt off in the weight room. If he can add the strength it will help him in every area including improve his rebounding and driving abilities, which are already solid for his slight stature.

Davion's Outlook: In the offseason Bradford will look to get even better with his feet, work more on his body and get stronger. He will want try to get to good place with his big frame where he can move around effectively on defense while still gaining strength. He will also want to get a better at shot blocking, and could also work more on his back to the basket game.

He is a gifted guy and I'm really intrigued for the future with him Pack, Miguel, Gordon and the other core pieces this team could possess over the years.

Rudi's Outlook: In the offseason Williams will want to get stronger, work on his jumper, and find a way to become a better playmaker.

Kaosi's Outlook: Ezeagu has found a great role as the back-up center to Bradford. His defense is solid and he isn't a total lost cause on offense. Maybe with a whole offseason to recover from any and all pain he has dealt with all season he can come back next year better than we have ever seen before. I don't expect him to ever be great by any means, but he does seem like he could bring just a touch more on both ends of the floor.

Luke's Outlook: Now healthy and a whole offseason to focus on his craft he should be able to really take a big step forward. If not he may just not be cut out for the Big 12, but I believe in him. I think his jumper looks clean and has a lot of potential to be efficient one day. I think he has flashed some solid defensive IQ from time to time.

I truly believe we are just scratching the surface of what Kasubke could become as a Wildcat. He will want to work to get stronger in the weight room and just hone in one his skills to make him as effective as possible next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News