ADVERTISEMENT

I'll "hang with Tang".....

Ron1941

New walk-on to the team
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2006
Ever think of the words "thank you"? I use them frequently when someone is kind, holds a door for me, etc....but they became quite inadequate when it came to saying them to the doctor (and staff at Cotton O'Neill Cancer Center in Topeka) for saving my life after colon cancer diagnosis in 2010!

Not in the same context, obviously, but when I think of all that Coach Tang has done (is doing) for our beloved K-State, those words still seem a bit trite. We are beyond fortunate to have Gene Taylor hire Jerome Tang, an outstanding human being in every regard, even aside the basketball court, become our men's basketball coach. Way prior to this recent (totally unnecessary) fiasco, he has demonstrated not only "teaching winning basketball skills", but putting young men together in a most admirable way. Coach truly wants his team members to get their education, win ball games along the way, and become productive adults in life.

Now...."Janitor....clean up in aisle 12"!!! We understand that this could have all been avoided if our team member had not made an unwise choice, that's water under the bridge. The next choice becomes, shall we make this better....or worse? It's become obvious that Coach Tang and AD Taylor made a choice to hit the middle line, not make it easy for Tomlin, but give a reasonable path to productivity. The flip side of the coin is the decision that President Linton chose, override the two people that should be in charge of this, and dismiss him from the team. Can someone tell me what is gained by that, other than an ego trip?

I understand President Linton has a personal battle on his hands with cancer, the treatments really test one's soul, let alone thinking of possible outcome. I wish him well. Maybe, just maybe, a step back to say, "I wouldn't handle a situation like this again the way I just did" would go a very l-o-n-g way in healing this unnecessary "battle". Think of the money the athletic teams generate for the university. I trust the two men, Coach Tang and AD Taylor, to handle these issues properly.

Thank you, Coach....and I WILL "hang with Tang"!!! EMAW (Mrs. Ron)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News