ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting K-State Recruiting Update 12/16 (NEW 12:30 PM UPDATE)

D

Derek Young

- Kansas State conducted a handful of in-home visits in three different states as we shared earlier would happen. The constant on those trips was HC Chris Klieman and recruiting director, Taylor Braet.

- They started with RB Clyde Price in North Kansas City. Then to Lawrence for WR commit Keenan Garber and fullback target Jax Dineen. Then flew to Louisiana and saw DB Tyrone Lewis, Tulane RB commit Tyjae Spears and DB Gregory Brooks.

- Braet sent out the tweet signal that would suggest they nailed home two more commits yesterday morning. Strong speculation, and also from talking to sources since then, would suggest it was Price and Dineen.

- What happens with Garber? Well they definitely get help if they have in fact landed Dineen, for sure. But headed into the visit, there was definitely work left to do. Either way, positive developments in Lawrence.

- In the evening, they saw three prospects from Louisiana. I think they will end up landing Tyrone Lewis. I have for about a week now. But he hasn't made it clear to the staff yet the way the two did earlier yesterday. Spears does not hold a K-State offer and is still being evaluated by the coaches. I suspect he'll wait to sign until February if the 'Cats throw him an offer.

- On Brooks, that is a little more complicated. Stakes are higher. He's a four-star prospect from the southeast with two other SEC programs after him. In fact, he's still committed to one. He's committed to Mississippi State, though I'd probably consider Arkansas the leader for the last two months or so. Kansas State only had a chance if they were to retain Seiler. It was a big statement for him to make the recruiting visit to Louisiana with the new head coach. The Wildcats are in this one, in what will be a photo finish. They hung around just long enough to make the late push. You can thank Braet and Seiler for that.

- Furthermore, you see Klein and Seiler on the recruiting visits with Klieman yesterday? You can pretty much pencil them into his staff.

NEW UPDATE 11 A.M.: At this point in time, I do expect all three of Clyde Price, Jax Dineen and Keenan Garber to sign with K-State on Wednesday. Price and Dineen have yet to announce their commitments. We will not report that they have until they can do so in their own way as to not take away from their shine and moment.

Things can change. And I’m sure schools won’t give up the pursuit. But that’s the current status and where things stand right now.

NEW UPDATE 12:30 P.M.: I really, really like K-State's chances to keep linebacker Yahweh Jeudy in the fold despite his offer from Iowa and his official visit there this weekend.

NEW UPDATE 1:00 P.M.: Still not a guarantee and probably still some of the same doubts on whether Clyde Price will qualify. Don't know what that means for him on Wednesday.
I think he definitely has an offer and likely committed to them on Saturday. But not certain how he will figure in, or at least when. Could be where Tyjae Spears factors into the equation.

NEW UPDATE 3:30 P.M.: No news on Khalil McClain right now. Took official visit to KU this weekend. He's still in the midst of figuring it all out, he told me.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News