ADVERTISEMENT

Message to Hill6

69cat

New walk-on to the team
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
Hill6 you asked a very good question in one of the threads that I saw too late to respond to so I will respond in a new thread.

Your question was “what can I do to convince you that climate change is real?

To answer your question:

1. There has to be total transparency. Right now there is none. Anyone who disagreed with the pro global warming crowd back in the mid and late 1990’s was fired from their jobs, and run out of professional societies. That voice needs to be heard and listened to.

2. There needs to be an audit of temperature collecting and data use. Many new weather stations have been set up- many in direct sun and near other heat sources. Only data from stations existing prior to 1990 should be used so that like is being compared to like.

3. The scientific method should be strictly adhered to. Theories and conclusions reached by consensus should be treated as ideas but certainly not used to set policy.

4. There needs to be high standards for demanding truth from all those publishing results of their work.

5. It would be helpful if fearmongering stopped. Sea level has not changed appreciably in the last 30 years. Is it really helpful to keep rolling out scenarios that predict 6 feet of sea level increase?

6. Quit blaming every bad event on climate change. It isn’t true, and makes the author of such claims look stupid. Case in point Wild fires in Australia: They were not caused by climate change. They were caused by mismanagement of burning policies. Too much time between burns allowed overgrowth of vegetation. That is not unique to Australia, California is suffering the same result.

7. Admitting that climate is always changing. There have been four temperature maiximums in the last 2500 years. Figure out what caused those maximums and you’ll have your answer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News