ADVERTISEMENT

MY 2022 un-offered watch list for KS prospects

Buster09

Almost on scholarship
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
This list is, at least in my opinion, ten prospects that may see offers from Kansas State before signing day but as of currently don't have one. The list was changed with the offers in the past few days to Blue Valley Nick Herzog and Canton-Galva Tyson Struber.

These are projections, so some players may not grow or put on the weight to play at power D1 level. This list is alphabetical. A * indicates Taylor Braet follows them on twitter, FWIW

OL Sam Culp (6-5/200) Sedgwick- Very much needs to add weight, but is that tall, long armed tackle the staff has shown an affinity for. Can he add the weight and maintain his athleticism? Time will tell.

DL Terrell Elliott (6-2/285) Garden City- Thick interior line athlete with what appears to be quickness and play strength. Could easily be over 300 by 2022 signing day. Does appear to be a good athlete and not simply a 'big guy'. Could easily be a zero technique/nose player.

LB Cody Hawks (6-1/210) Eisenhower- Displays good athleticism and diagnosing ability, good quickness when attacking the ball. Also plays rush end. Shows awareness going both front and back.

QB Lance Hoffsommer (6-2/170) Sedgwick- Good athlete, accurate passer with decently strong arm, weight development could help arm.If increased strength and weigh leads to a stronger arm, could potentially develop. May end up FCS/D2 type prospect

OL Alex Key (6-3/260) Derby- Will be a three year starter at Derby at tackle by signing day. Good player, will he have the length the staff desires. Moves well with strength and athleticism. Maybe a guard.

*DL Tai Newhouse (6-3/285) Lawrence Free State- Body is similar to Elliott, but appears to be a better athlete. Shows some burst, strength, play recognition, and an ability to get off blocks. A name to follow in my opinion for sure.

*RB Caquoy Patterson (???) Wichita East- A really fast running back that is obviously undersized (don't know official numbers). At times out-runs angles and runs away from other players. He's also often the shortest player on the field. Summed up, appears to be both really fast and really undersized.

LB Quentin Saunders (6-0/195) Wichita West- Very similar, at times to recent commit Devrin Weathers. Plays both RB and LB at West. The athleticism to play the position as well as the need to add weight/muscle are both readily apparent. Won state wrestling this past year I believe.

* OL Noah Smith (6-3/300) Lawrence- A very big kid. I have concerns about his foot speed and quickness but he's a good athlete and obviously has the size. For a running offense, could be an ideal right tackle with size and power potential. Camped at ISU and KU last year.

OL Jonas Vickers (6-2/285) Derby- Unless he grows he's likely a guard, but will be a four year starter at Derby, is a great athlete with quickness and strength and plays with a mean streak. My favorite prospect in Kansas that offered. Big fan of his, guessing he kicks out to left tackle this year. Might be the next KS kid to be offered. Camped with KSU last year.

DE Collin Williams (6-4/230) Bishop Miege- If Vickers isn't the next offer, Williams is. Big with wingspan and strength that plays well, he is a force on the right side as a sophomore for a big school program. May lack the elite burst of some edge players but is strong, powerful and is a very intriguing prospect at defensive end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News