ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure how college sports will thrive if the fans don't care much about the players...

Leland

All-American performer
May 29, 2001
This isn't in response to AD's decision, just generally discussing college sports. I know there's a difference between casual fans and hardcore fans, but for me, a central part of the reason I watch college sports (and watch minimal pro sports) is that I get to watch kids come in, grow up, gradually become attached to KSU and develop/progress. From a more intellectual perspective, watching coaches build and manage rosters, scholarship counts, etc. has always been interesting.

But when DY posted that Notre Dame had offered Otting (just one example), I really didn't care, because if he came to KSU he could bail after a year, or if he goes to Notre Dame he could bail there and come back or go elsewhere. Yes, there will still be 4 or 5 year guys and I'll treasure them, but no point in getting too hyped up about it until they are running out there on senior day.

Just seems the new college sports landscape guarantees a tepid, meh attachment between the fans and players...why would I want to follow that?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News