ADVERTISEMENT

Now that he's gone, a blast form the past

DTKSU

All-American performer
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Trump began promising the plan shortly after the official launch of his first campaign. “I am going to take care of everybody,” he told “60 Minutes” in September 2015, adding in a January 2016 interview with the Washington Post, “We’re going to have insurance for everybody. There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

After taking office, the realities of overhauling a system that makes up one-fifth of the U.S. economy settled in as Republicans attempted to hammer out a replacement for the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare.

President Trump departs the White House on Jan. 12. (Samuel Corum/Bloomberg via Getty Images)
“Now, I have to tell you, it’s an unbelievably complex subject,” Trump said in February 2017. “Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.”

Anyone with even a passing interest in or experience with health care knew how complicated it was, but apparently not the president, who went ahead to promise the insurers in the same meeting, “We have a plan that I think is going to be fantastic. It’s going to be released fairly soon. I think it’s going to be something special. … I think you’re going to like what you hear.”

Reactions: Crispy Linetta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News