ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Jobs for Teens

Purple_Haze

A solid starter
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2001
My boy is likely going to get a part time job in town next summer. He is 14, turning 15 in July. Not sure what all places hire at that age? I think Hyvee does. Maybe Menards?

My girl is a few years behind him and thinks she wants to work at a coffee shop or Panera's ... something like that.

I think the opportunities open up a bit at 16. That may change things. My advice to them is to get something that transfers to most college towns. I think Hyvee would be a classic case of this. Then you arent starting over on wages.

My son has always leaned engineering but at times has waivered on that. He would love working somewhere like an electronics repair shop, but most of them dont hire until 18. Daughter wants to do something in radiology.

I was looking on Indeed this morning to get ideas and was shocked at some of the part time jobs that actually exist. Did you know Head Lice Removal Technician is actually a thing? $35 per hour. I think this falls into the category of a job being more than about the money LOL. My son was mortified when I showed him the listing LOL.

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News