ADVERTISEMENT

OT Calling all fitness gurus, I'm trying to get in better shape

Wildcatfarm

On full scholarship
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2008
So for the past few months I've been busting my ass trying to get into a shape that doesn't resemble a bowling ball. I got tired of feeling like fat piece of crap, and since we just had a baby, I'd like to be in better health. Basically I would like some advice on my routine, because I've kinda hit a wall.

First a little bit about me. I'm 27. I started out at 318 lbs. I'm down to about 280. I'm 6'2". I try to work out 5 days a week, M-F. My lifting regimen consists of 5 sets of 5 @215lbs on ye olde bench press on Monday and Thursday, 5 sets of 7 curls @80lbs on Tuesday and Friday, with a cardio day on Wednesday. My bench press also has a leg developer attachment, so I also do 5 sets of 20 leg curls @100lbs every day. I also do 2 sets of 15 hammer slams with each arm, using a 16 lbs sledge every day. My cardio day usually involves either 8-10 40 yard sprints or 2 sets of 40 yard tire flips. And obviously I'm gradually increasing the weight as it gets too easy.

Now the worst part. My diet is crap and my capacity to change it is limited. My schedule is such that I'm nearly always on the go, so lots of sandwiches, processed stuff and all the crap you're supposed to avoid. But because I don't really have time to cook and I have to eat something, I just try to eat less.

Any advice on how to improve my routine would be greatly appreciated. I never know if I'm doing enough or if anything I'm doing is a waste of time. I don't have a specific number that I want to hit on the scale or anything. I would eventually like to fit into my 36 inch jeans again though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News