ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chiefs - Steelers Wildcard Week

Purple_Haze

A solid starter
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2001
Reid sounds positive on Tyreek. CEH might get some practice work this week. D Williams has toe injury. Working through it. Kelce and Pringle were dinged in the game, but nothing believed to be serious. Sure would have been nice to have a bye to allow for some healing.

Chiefs open as 12.5 point favorites. Didnt have Kelce last go round and still cruised. It's the playoffs though, anything can happen.

Sounds like Bienemy is has interest from Denver, Minnesota and Chicago. Minnesota is believed to be the favorite. I think he got his coaching start there. Some believe Jacksonville would be a good fit. Sure would be nice to get a couple of third round comp picks, assuming we can backfill him with a good option.

KC exec Ryan Poles is getting looks from NY Giants for a GM spot. Would be a rough job. They have a lot of cap issues around the corner, but they also are lined up for quite a draft. They have the number 5 and 7 picks in the first and nine picks total. Poles is only 36. Andrew Berry, the GM for the Browns is only 34, but is a Harvard grad with a meteoric rise. He is considered a top 10 GM in one listing I saw. I believe the next youngest GM is around 40. Upper 40's/lower 50's is considered young. Veatch was #2. I believe the comp for Poles is a single 3rd round pick?

If both landed promotions, that would give KC a lot of draft capital. i wouldnt want to see us give up too much to move up a bit. but leveraging one of these third rounders, if they materialize, to move up and grab a cant miss guy in the front half of the 2nd wouldnt be a bad idea. a late third rounder could move you up 4-6 spots from the end of the first, or 15 plus in the second.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News