ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Side by Side UTVs

Purple_Haze

A solid starter
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2001
Am thinking about getting a side by side. Looking at three passenger variants. between 700 and 1000cc. It would be both for property work and play. I value towing and payload capacity and dont want a racing version. But 60-80 hp would allow for some occasional fun plus work capacity. We are close to a lot of ponds, hills, trails, and rivers. We have a large creek 1/4 mile behind our house that has a crossing that gives us quick access to a draw where we can shoot clays. I will need to pull a small trailer. Have been looking at Polaris. Some like Honda or Yamaha. Have driven Polaris UTVs before but not Honda or Yamaha.

The old 900 polaris I drove had been driven pretty hard. It seemed to do whatever you asked of it without complaining. I was amazed with the suspension and its ability to scale the roughest terrain. I am thinking I will either do the high end or low end and not get stuck in between. So either like a Polaris 570 3 seater or a Polaris 1000 Northstar (cab, etc). But damn, it is ridiculous what you can pay for these. I have read about a lot of reliability issues with Polaris, but most people swear by them. Reliability with Yamaha and Honda is touted but comes at a premium.

I have young teens and I think we would get our money's worth in good times out of a UTV. And I would always have it for doing work on our property.

Any experience or thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News