ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Recruits buzzing following upset over OU

D

Derek Young

Going to continue to update this with new quotes as they roll in. Thought it would be more effective to do it this way so that everyone has updates in real time instead of me waiting for them all to be collected.

2021 Lawrence High ATH Devin Neal: I watched the game and followed it closely. I thought it was amazing. That was a huge win for a program like that. Their hard work and preparedness really showed. A performance like that absolutely helps me believe in the message from the coaching staff. I know that coach Klieman is a great coach and is going to do great things in Manhattan. (Neal did not attend)

2021 Rose Hill OL Noah Bolticoff: It was a good game. I haven’t had anything but high expectations for Coach Klieman and I continue to believe he is going to do great things with that program.

2020 JUCO DT commit Robert Hentz: Oh yeah, I was hyped up as if I was playing there yesterday. I was most definitely the happiest person ever, yesterday.

2020 QB commit Will Howard: Oh, it was awesome. It was much fun to watch and was so exciting. I was really inspired by the guys and Skylar's performances and it makes me so excited to get there in January.

2020 RB commit Deuce Vaughn: I was ecstatic watching the game from home. I could only begin to imagine the atmosphere and the stadium during the game. It was a great win. The team came out and dominated from the start, from offense to defense and special teams. This is the type of win that can be powerful on the recruiting trail. This shows other recruits that something huge is being built at K-State in the Coach Klieman era and this is only the beginning.

2020 TE/H/FB commit Christian Moore: I knew they were capable of doing it. I’ve been telling everyone all week out here that it was going to happen and it did. It was an all-around team win. We played well on special teams, offense was lights out, and the defense played the best I think they have all year. It was awesome to watch and it gave me goosebumps to think that I am going to be apart of it next year.

2020 OT commit Carver Willis: For me, it was just a lot of satisfaction. I grew up around Austin when I was young so the disliking of OU has been there for a long time. I also have been telling people all season that I think we are the one team that could do it and I was extremely proud that we did. (Willis did not attend)

2020 DT commit Ronald Triplette: The environment was a 10 out of 10. It was crazy. It was nice. I loved it out there and was glad I got to experience that big win. The coaches were full of a lot of joy.

2020 OL commit Hadley Panzer: This weekend was pretty sweet. I’m glad we were able to be there for that game. That was one for the books for sure. It was crazy on the field. Everyone was chanting and just having a good time. And everyone I think knew how huge that win was. We were in the locker room and I am very fortunate to be apart of that and the celebration.

2020 DT commit Talor Warner: It was unlike anything I have ever been a part of. The guys showed a lot of heart and toughness and it made me proud to know that one day the other commits and I will all be representing the town and the state like those boys did yesterday.

2020 TE commit Cody Stufflebean: It was a little different atmosphere from a regular high school game. It was very exciting to see the crowd in it the whole game.

2020 CB commit JoJo Wilson: Unbelievable. The stadium was packed and rocking every time we made a big play. It really had me lost for words.

2020 DE commit Nate Matlack: It was so cool. What a great atmosphere. How would you not want to commit to the team in purple right now?

2020 LB commit Jay Harris: It was wonderful. I can't wait to sign. It was a sold-out game. Now we're ranked in the top 25. Upset alert and we are just getting started. Next year and the years to come will be crazy.

2020 JUCO DT Latrell Bankston: That was probably the craziest football experience I’ve been apart of since I came back from a 35-7 deficit in a high school playoff game. The fans and the team were just loud and crazy and it was amazing.

2021 DE Tobechi Okoli: It was a great experience all-around from talking to the coaches to the game itself. Everything was great.

2021 KC-area LB Davonte Pritchard: That was an amazing visit. I really felt like a was a part of the family. I felt like I belonged there. They just all treated me like family, which was so amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News