ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Self guided visits (weekend of 3/13) + QUOTES

G

Grant Flanders

Thanks to @drew_galloway_21 for confirming with Silas Etter that he, Jaren Kanak, and Mudia Reuben were all in MHK together this weekend.

QUOTES:

Silas Etter:

"I planned the visit out basically. Jaren scheduled his campus tour this weekend so kind of went with that."

"We went around campus and Manhattan. The campus and Manhattan are awesome, it was not my first time up there but I love the culture of Manhattan."

Carson Willich and I have talked about going to Manhattan sometime soon”

“I’ve reached out to Armand Membou but we haven’t talked much about coming to Manhattan together.”

“I love being the class leader. It’s been great, I love meeting new people and the best players in Kansas and becoming friends with them.”

Jaren Kanak:

"My mom, Dad and I went up on Friday for an academic campus tour. They showed us around campus a bit and walked me through what it would be like to be a student and study the degree I was interested in. We went to the kinesiology buildings and met with the dean of kinesiology. Then on Saturday Silas and Mudia came to town and we went around town and checked out everything going on with fake patty’s day. Jace Friesen took us to lunch and kinda showed us around everywhere."

"KState is definitely a possible option, I enjoyed the town and the atmosphere of everything. The people were cool and welcoming. I’ve been a few times in the past but nothing to specific."

"Definitely gives me a good idea of what I would expect if I were to choose kstate, and is a good foundation moving forward to compare to other schools."

“Kstate, Nebraska, and ku have been the schools recruiting me the hardest and now even Washington state is also recruiting pretty hard. They all have their differences and their pros and cons and I think getting on campuses of these schools is the major deciding factor left. Now that I know what k-state is like I have a good comparison for when I do visit these other schools.”

Kanak on when he will visit other schools: “Sooner rather than later, going to be harder with track starting up but if at all possible I’d like to get to all the schools before making a decision.”

“I Don’t have a specific date in mind. Too soon to know yet”

Kanak on which side of the ball he’d rather play on at the left level: “At the moment I’d say I’m leaning more offense but I’m still pretty open to anything”

“Kstate says I could do both, h-back on the offensive side and LB defensive, Nebraska has also said I could play either, Kansas and Washington State both like me specifically as a LB.”

Kanak On his relationship with former teammate and K-State 2021 LB commit Haselhorst: “We don’t talk about it too much, he doesn’t really try to get me to join him, he knows it’s up to me and is my decision. We aren’t as close as we used to be but still talk sometimes.”

Kanak on his relationship with fellow 2022 recruit Gavin Meyers: “Gavin and I are very close. We are planning on trying to take some of our visits together. We have always talked about playing together and think it would be very cool.”

Kanak on his relationship with Silas Etter and whether or not Etter has been actively recruiting him to join him: “Yeah he’s been in my ear a bit and we have been talking for while and getting to know each other, he is a cool dude.”

Kanak on which coaches from KState and Nebraska he talks a with the most and what he thinks of their programs: “I talk a ton with a lot of coaches from both schools, I’d say I’m the closest with coach Braet and Lillie from kstate. I like that they are constantly showing interest and making it known that I am a priority, same with Nebraska. I’m closest with coach held there.”

Sounds like Etter, Kanak, and Reuben all met and talked to "Skylar, Wyatt, and Malik."

Mudia Reuben:

"The visit was cool. Fun seeing campus and the city of manhattan as a whole. It was my first time seeing Manhattan."

"The highlight of the visit was really seeing all the people around the city and houses with K-State love. They were all so supportive and showed it off."

"I went on the visit for the fact that it’s an opportunity to see a school that’s heavily recruiting me and I had a free weekend and also other recruits were going so I thought why not."

"It’s was dope having Jaren and Silas there. Me and Silas already had a good friendship. It was nice meeting Jaren."

“Jaren is a dope, cool dude. He’s likable and would be a cool teammate.”

"K-State, Stanford, and really any school showing interest in me stand out. I currently have interest in every school interested in me."

"K-State, Stanford, Air Force, and Northwestern are recruiting me the hardest"

"K-State's recruiting pitch is telling me about the family and type of guys they want there."

"Great place as a whole. When it comes to coaches, education, and the environment especially."

"I’m still planning on committing August 18th, I want some time to checkout more schools."

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News