ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke to Chris Johnson

tykopsa_14

New walk-on to the team
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2013
Allen, TX
DE from 96’ - 01’. I was at my girlfriends sons football game in Allen tonight. I was rocking a Kstate shirt and he came up to me and said he doesn’t see enough of us around Dallas. He’s a police officer and I didn’t recognize him, so caught me off guard a bit. So I asked if he went to Kstate and he said “Yup, I played there, Chris Johnson.” I was stoked!

One of the nicest guys I’ve ever met, we talked football and family, huge supporter still and watches every game. He was disappointed Skylar went down but more so that we don’t have a capable backup and one guy could mean the difference between a great season or a bad season. Back in the late 90’s we seemed to always have at least 2 QBs on the roster that would give a chance to win ballgames, Bishop, Beasley, Ell, etc. Thought it was inexcusable but hoping Will can turn it around on Saturday. Explained some guys can rip it in practice but doesn’t always translate to the field. Getting him confidence early against Nevada is crucial.

He loved the D is bringing back the Mob. He saw them throwing up the sign last week and caught him by surprise. Thinks we’re missing some of the old swagger, tradition and mentality. He said our D used to be like a machine year after year and every new guy who stepped into a role had a lot of responsibility to uphold the Mob mentality. Lots of pride then.

Last, he said we don’t expand our recruiting into Florida and California enough. Used to pull some nice players out of there. I concurred.

Nothing earth shattering for info, just a nice conversation with an all time great Kstater and wanted to share.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News