ADVERTISEMENT

This is interesting to me (Possible Staffer?)

Panjandrum

All-American performer
Dec 10, 2001
I was just scrolling through Twitter this morning, and I noticed this on my timeline. I had no idea who this was or why he’d show up, but I checked the likes. It showed up because it was liked by Tang and Borne.

I started digging into his profile like @ninglu86 taught all of us this past winter, and I noticed that he’s followed by Borne and Maligi.

Now, all of these coaches are a part of different professional development organizations. So, I am not saying that I know anything here, or that this is a relevant connection. But I thought it was relatively interesting that all of these guys are connected to this dude on social media.

When I dug into some of his stuff on YouTube, it looks like he runs an Elite Camp in Louisiana every year. Obviously, Louisiana was a point of emphasis for Tang, Dowling, and Maligi in their previous stops, and this guy is connected down there.

Then, I decided to look at his profile on his school’s website. They obviously pump these guys up, and yeah, he’s won a lot of NAIA awards. But this is what caught my eye…

Before his stop at UTA, Cordaro was at LSU for three seasons as Director of Basketball Operations where he assisted with on-campus recruiting, academic monitoring, and organizing meetings with the LSU men's basketball booster club. Cordaro also served as the co-director of John Brady's basketball camps and served as the video coordinator for Tigers. Cordaro played a role in the recruiting of Brandon Bass, Glen “Big Baby” Davis, Tyrus Thomas, and Garrett Temple, who all went on to play professionally in the NBA. In his three years assisting, LSU reached the post-season each season.

Possessing a vast knowledge of summer camp operations, Cordaro has worked with some of college basketball's most knowledgeable coaches after working at The University of Miami (Fla.), Arizona, UAB, Birmingham-Southern, New Orleans, Texas, Middle Tennessee, LSU and Joe Dean, Jr.'s Dixie Basketball Camp. Each summer Cordaro conducts his own basketball camp in his hometown of Ruston. Over the course of ten years he's taught more than 400 campers the finer points of the game as well as life lessons.

This guy has connections to the staff, has deep connections in Louisiana, is a guy that knows a ton about the summer camp circuit, and obviously has some chops at understanding the game itself.

May be nothing, or it may be something. But it’s a guy I’m going to keep an eye on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News