ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Thoughts from K-State falling in Norman | OU 76, KSU 50

G

Grant Flanders

I won't take too long with this one. Thought about just replying to my thread from the thoughts to last game and just saying that it's more of the same if not amplified now.

This is the type of game they have to find a way to stay competitive in. Now they are coming off five straight losses with four in a row being over double digits. This is the worst one yet.

K-State stayed competitive in the first 14 minutes of the game and then fell off a cliff. Seemed to me they really gave up at trying to defend with several minutes left, which in their defense it was unquestionably over long before then.

If losses like these keep piling up, the team will be lost if some haven't already checked out.

The defense has been atrocious all year and the offense has seemed to regress recently.

The team desperately needs Pack back, but even that seems like it won't be enough to hang with any of the top seven teams in the league.

Might sound repetitive but if they cannot find a way to stay competitive and quickly in the next few games the season will turn out to be even worse than last year, which seems inexcusable. Something has to give.

Not much else to say, but if it continues there will be a lot more to say by the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News