ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball recruiting Tidilybits

G

Grant Flanders

Some new information I’ve gathered
-First regarding 2021, the staff is going to take their time with the second scholarship they have open and it’s unclear the avenue they would want to take but I believe they would prefer it to be an athletic wing first and foremost but also if a player comes around that’s to good to pass up at any position they will likely take him. Guys I personally think fit the bill the most for that second spot are...

Also for now I haven’t heard any rumblings of a third or fourth scholarship opening up but personally wouldn’t be surprised if it happens as attrition like that is natural.

But regardless I doubt that second scholarship gets filled anytime soon unless I hear otherwise, whereas that first scholarship should get filled next month.

-Still all in on CJ Noland and still expect him to commit to the Wildcats next month.

-Maximus Edwards has fallen through the rankings cracks or that’s at least how the Wildcats see it. He’s a guy they scouted and liked enough to offer whereas many schools may be waiting on him to be evaluated. If he wants to stay close to home Seton Hall is a good option for him, but the Wildcats would love to someohow get him on campus to show him what they have to offer. For sure keep an eye on this one.

-Brandin Podziemsky’s offer is not a commitbale one at the moment. You can take him off your radar for now and probably for good. K-State feels they have enough guys on the roster with his skill set and they would prefer a more versatile athlete.

-Kobe Johnson’s is a similair situation and player to Podziemsky. Not sure Johnson is as interested in kstate as Podziemsky is but regardless he’s not the long versatile athlete they would rather take with the second scholarship. And even if there is more scholarships that open up, there are other guys they would likely look to first.

-Blake Wesley is an interesting one. I believe he may want to play the point whereas kstate doesn’t see him at the PG. Still one to keep a slight eye on.

-Unlikely the Wildcats take a big in this class unless someone really impresses them. Gassamma will have to have a really good season and show some more versatility in his game if the Wildcats are going to make a serious move on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News