ADVERTISEMENT

Football Walkthrough: Bye week

D

Derek Young

Wanted to push one of these out but we're all going to enjoy the weekend too and I'll be in the games thread throughout today and have fun just watching football the entire day.

1) Saw Park Hill South at North Kansas City last night. Mudia Reuben was a little off but had the only score of the game to keep his team undefeated. He is taking an official visit to K-State for the Iowa State game. Still lean 'Cats until I hear differently. Liked what I heard, but Stanford did blow him away, too. Just not sure if all the pieces are fitting together for the marriage. He wants to make a decision soon after his official to MHK.

2) North Kansas City has an elite defensive line. Obviously, everyone knows about Domonique Orange, but boy, he's overweight now at this point and it sounds like nearly everyone has stopped recruiting him. Edric Hill is a 2023 defensive lineman for them that I anticipate being a regional battle. Their best prospect is probably Adepoju Adebawore. He is the younger brother of Adetomiwa Adebawore that is at Northwestern, but Adepoju is elite in the 2023 class as an edge player. He might flirt with 5-star status.

3) We'll be in Derby next week. Maize at Derby. Bet that place will have plenty of college coaches and media too. Avery Johnson against perhaps the best team in the state that also happens to have Dylan Edwards.Then they'll both be in Manhattan the next night for the Iowa State game.

4) Don't freak out. But because it is a bye week for K-State and Camden will have parents freed up to make a visit elsewhere, they'll be at Nebraska for the Michigan game. Still think that is trending well for Kansas State, of course, and heard some praise for him by an area source I ran into last night.

5) Haven't heard anything on the injury front yet for the Wildcats. Think they're improving but not a lot going on. Coaches have been out recruiting since Thursday. Courtney Messingham was at the game I was at.

Can handle any questions if I might be forgetting anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News