ADVERTISEMENT

Weber: "We're going to have a better team."

Stats don't always tell the whole truth. Tre Harris had the highest offensive rating on the team last year by far, 117. Was he the best player on the team? No not even close. He transfer all the way down to SIUE, nobody wanted him. In every aspect of the game except shooting he was terrible. Stats are far from perfect.

Stats don't always tell the whole truth. Tre Harris had the highest offensive rating on the team last year by far, 117. Was he the best player on the team? No not even close. He transfer all the way down to SIUE, nobody wanted him. In every aspect of the game except shooting he was terrible. Stats are far from perfect.

sure.. go ahead... make that argument that stats don't matter... actually.. let me do it for you... what could a pg do that isn't captured by stats?

1. lead the team - clearly, team had no leaders
2. take care of his own stuff - got suspended
3. shoot well - no
4. be a pass first pg - no
5. don't turn the ball over - no

i ignored the tre harris comments the first time, because it's irrelvant to the JT discussion... yet you somehow brought him up a 2nd time... what you don't realize is that tre furthers the point that JT is "fool's gold"... he looks the part but can't do it... he fooled HCBW and thankfully he cant do it this year... he obviously fooled the seaton hall guy

i wish JT the best... but you suggesting we don't know how bad he was here is foolish

sure.. go ahead... make that argument that stats don't matter... actually.. let me do it for you... what could a pg do that isn't captured by stats?

1. lead the team - clearly, team had no leaders
2. take care of his own stuff - got suspended
3. shoot well - no
4. be a pass first pg - no
5. don't turn the ball over - no

i ignored the tre harris comments the first time, because it's irrelvant to the JT discussion... yet you somehow brought him up a 2nd time... what you don't realize is that tre furthers the point that JT is "fool's gold"... he looks the part but can't do it... he fooled HCBW and thankfully he cant do it this year... he obviously fooled the seaton hall guy

i wish JT the best... but you suggesting we don't know how bad he was here is foolish
Hey, he definitely did #4. He wouldn't take the open shots the D always gave him much of the time.

ARM, look into your crystal ball and tell me who will be the scapegoat next year. It was JT for two years. It has to be somebody.

My vote is for... Hurt, especially if he gets major minutes, which it is yet to be determined he will.

JT never seemed to lineup his gifts with his game. He seemed to have the talent but couldn't apply it at this level. Sad. When I first saw him play against GW, I thought, "OMG, we have point for the ages here."

Hey, he definitely did #4. He wouldn't take the open shots the D always gave him much of the time.

ARM, look into your crystal ball and tell me who will be the scapegoat next year. It was JT for two years. It has to be somebody.

My vote is for... Hurt, especially if he gets major minutes, which it is yet to be determined he will.

yes.. this board will pick on hurt and edwards, despite hurt being a decent big last year playing out of position and edwards being our best 2 way player at the end of the year... frankly, it should probably be Wes if he doesn't take a major step forward, but he's pretty well loved on here and will be shielded...

but... i also feel the scapegoat is going to be HCBW for pretty much everything...

JT never seem to lineup his gifts with his game. He seemed to have the talent but couldn't apply it at this level. Sad. When I first saw him play against GW, I thought, "OMG, we have point for the ages here."

when JT is on, surrounded by people who fit his game, playing for a coach who doesn't install an offense and therefore needs him to create shots, he could be quite decent

for a team who needed perimeter scoring, had a system that created shots, and needed to not turn it over, he was a terrible fit

when JT is on, surrounded by people who fit his game, playing for a coach who doesn't install an offense and therefore needs him to create shots, he could be quite decent

for a team who needed perimeter scoring, had a system that created shots, and needed to not turn it over, he was a terrible fit

I finally accepted that fact as the season drew to a close.

Bruce Weber is our basketball coach

MJ's reaction

mj-laughing.gif

Reactions: koppe22
What Marcus did off the court is overblown, He was terrible in Big 12 play. He had an offensive rating of 93. He was bad on the court.

When you best player (most talent player) is struggling it brings down everybody's production. I don't know why people keep trying to judge the output from a broken system, all it is going to tell you that the system is broken.

Last years inconsistent play was the most telling sign for the team, something was deeply wrong with a team that had the ability to play at a high level.

I think that is the sad part of last year, they truly had a chance to be a really good team. But they seemed to struggle to just be a team.

I don't think we really know how good Edwards, Iwundu and Hurt are, they did have the moments and that is a good thing. But how many chances did they truly have to shine.

I don't think we really know how bad Jevon, Nigel were. They really were not in a good position to succeed. I don't think its fair to assume that Irving or Stokes are better players. But I think it won't be hard for them to be in a better situation.

Next years team is not about being great it is about being gritty and being a team to build off. That being said Bruce is looking his most important recruiting class at his tenure at K-State. He needs to land a class that allows the program to step forward. Without, that next years team play really doesn't matter. Doing better might actually hurt the program in the long run.

That is probably the main reason he is being so careful with the last scholarship.
195g66kmanucvjpg.jpg

I didn't think anyone said stats don't matter, only that they don't always tell the whole truth, which is true no matter how hard someone tries to change what was said. So, that was a whole post talking about something that wasn't really said.

Actually, nothing is happening on the floor right now, Koppe. Was last year a disappointment? Yes. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. Is next year going to be better? No one knows. You can either hope it is or you can have already decided it is a "dumpster fire" with no hope of recover.

The choice is every individual's to make. I just grow weary of the negativity. That portion of the fan base seems to be far more outspoken than those that are positive or neutral.

And pardon me if I can't tell when you are serious or when you are not. They certainly blend into each other and you do little to help sort them out.

You were wrong.

Apologize

Better team chemistry, kids that want to be at K-State, this is all great news!! I can get behind a K-State team with those qualities. I couldn't stand watching last year's drama show brought on by Foster and his followers. Also, Weber didn't say that this team had more talent, but I think it does. Going to be interesting... predicting 18-20 wins.
Ohhh!!!

Almost!

I agree Baller. It is sad that so many people on here seem to lurk in the shadows and then jump in to denounce everything that Brett and others post about the men's BBall program. I actually feel sorry for Brett. I appreciate his posts even though so many others instantly post their negativity regardless of the information he shares.

I am hoping that next season showcases a team that is working together as a team, striving to improve their individual play and giving 100% effort every game. They will be overall young and inexperienced. There is no fix for that except getting more experience through playing games and working to develop themselves as individuals.

All the naysayers may be right. But they will have about 5 more months of complaining and stating woe is me. As for me, I am looking forward to next season to watch the development so I have 5 months upcoming of getting news on the players development and enjoying life outside of BBall.

Yes they were.

Yeah typing 2 words into the search function was some real sinister shit..

To think I actually thought you might own it with a sense of humor for once.

The creepy stalker ex was my attempt at humor, homey. Sorry. I definitely own it. I said in @JoeSw thread that the season was worse than I thought it would be.

When we lose on Wednesday, that will eliminate us from the NIT. Can Currie really bring back a man who missed ALL post season play in consecutive years? If so, how?

Last edited:
The creepy stalker ex was my attempt at humor, homey. Sorry. I definitely own it. I said in @JoeSw thread that the season was worse than I thought it would be.

When we lose on Wedensday, that will all eliminate us from the NIT. Can Currie really bring back a man who missed ALL post season play in consecutive years? If so, how?
My mistake then. My bad.

Reactions: Baller-Status

When we lose on Wedensday, that will all eliminate us from the NIT. Can Currie really bring back a man who missed ALL post season play in consecutive years? If so, how?

We will win Wed and Weber will be back for 2016-17. OSU is a MASSIVE train-wreck with a dead man walking Coach.

K-State 66
OSU 52

I will be very surprised if we are a better team next season than we were last year. We could have a better record because the ooc schedule appears to be easier but the big 12 will be tough do not see how we finish any better than 8th in league play. Our Inexperience at the guard positions will be exposed.

i also feel the scapegoat is going to be HCBW for pretty much everything...

LOL, solid predictions in both cases

Reactions: tkurthl
All the naysayers may be right. But they will have about 5 more months of complaining and stating woe is me. As for me, I am looking forward to next season to watch the development so I have 5 months upcoming of getting news on the players development and enjoying life outside of BBall.

Yes they were.

Yes they were and so was I. After all I said they might be right. What is the point of bringing this up?

If you are trying to find people who were blasting other posters for being negative, you might want to search a little harder than this post by me.

I don't really have anything invested in being right, Koppe. I know I'm wrong at least as much as I'm right. But if you like to play "I told you so" you just go right ahead and knock yourself out.

Reading this thread again makes me miss ARM...

I just want to wrap him up and give him snuggles.

17-wendy-mclendon-covey.w529.h352.jpg

It's absolutely a better Board with ARM here. But, far too many people here like to whine and cry to Fitz and Staff, and continue to chase off those with differing opinions. The Boards "Ethnic-like" cleansing continues as we have just recently said good-bye to @threepointwildcat .....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT